Last updated 14th March, 2019
Who we are
Fire Sentry Systems Limited comprises of trading divisions Guardian Fire & Safety (Company Registration Number 414258) and Fire Products Direct (Company Registration Number 489848) hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Our” or “Us”
In the course of business operations, we gather, store, use and sometimes share information about you, our customers. We are wholly committed to the protection of Personal Information.
Types of Information we may collect
- Company Name/Job Title/Department
- Email Address
- Telephone/Mobile Number
- Data from cookies on websites guardianfire.ie and www.fireproductsdirect.ie
How we use your information
Lawful basis for processing: Performance of contract
- To carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered between you and us
- To resolve any technical issues, you encounter. This extends to sending any technical or service notices and administrative messages as part of the contract for services.
Lawful basis for processing: Legitimate Interests
- To send occasional promotional communications aimed at maximising what you get from your relationship with us such as onboarding material, new features, events, newsletters or product offers. YOU can control whether you receive these communications by “Unsubscribing” at any time.
Lawful basis for processing: Consent
- With your consent, we may use information about you for specific purposes such as testimonials
Cookies are small text files that are used to store or retrieve information to perform certain functions and remember visits to a website.
www.fireproductsdirect.ie uses the following cookies
How we use your information & why
- We use suppliers, service providers and subcontractors, such as for delivering orders, projects, contracts, communications and collection of overdue debt.
- We may provide personal information about you to the fire authorities, Gardaí, fraud prevention and credit reference agencies when we must by law, or when we deem necessary to prevent fraud.
- If we decide to reorganise or sell all or most of our business, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer of the business
- Your data may be anonymised and used for statistical purposes
- We will never sell your personal information to third parties for them to market their products to you
How we store & protect your information
We are committed to taking care of your personal information and take specific steps required by data privacy law both online and with our paper files to protect against theft or other loss, corruption and to stop people who should not be able to see or use it from doing so.
Our websites may contain links to other websites and the information practices of such other websites is governed by the privacy statements of these sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other such sites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
How long we hold your data
We will only keep your personal information for a limited period. This will depend on several factors, including:
- Whether you have placed an order with us, or have a contract for services or credit account with us;
- Any laws or regulations that we are required to follow;
- Whether we are dealing with a current request, customer care issue or complaint;
- Where there is a legal or other type of dispute involving or affecting you;
- Whether we are asked by you or a fire authority or other regulatory authority to keep your personal data for a valid reason.
We will keep your personal information during the period that you are a customer with us and then for as long as is necessary in connection with both our and your legal rights and obligations. This may mean that we keep some types of personal information for longer than others. Generally, if you are an inactive customer we will remove your account after 12 months.
Implications of NOT providing your data
If you do not provide information, we may not be able to:
- Deliver requested products or services to you including technical support
- Continue to provide/renew existing products or services
- Assess suitability and where relevant give you recommendations for other services provided by us.
Your Rights explained
From May 25th, 2018 you have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right, without undue delay to:
- Information on how we use your data and obtain access to your data
- To receive copies of the personal data we hold
- To have your data rectified and updated
- To object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes
- To have your information deleted or restricted for use
- To have your personal data transmitted to another data controller without hindrance where feasible. (This is only possible in relation to data given with consent and does not apply to data generated by us)
- To object to any decisions based on automated processing of personal data
- To make a complaint with the supervisory authority i.e. In Ireland, The Data Protection Commissioners Office.
These rights only apply to your own personal information. For all these rights:
- We must be able to verify your identity;
- Your request must not impact the privacy rights of other people;
- Your request must not be excessive, very unreasonable or repeated [too often].
- They cannot clash with the provision of a service (for example submitting a right to erasure when we are processing an order from you)
Exercising your Rights
We will ask for your consent before capturing your personal data wherever we need to. By providing your consent you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time or exercise any of your data rights by contacting us as follows:
Fire Sentry Systems Ltd
Y34 XD 34
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner or another supervisory authority. You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner as follows:
Data Protection Commission,
0761 104800 or Lo Call 1890 252 231